According to Amy Morin, LCSW, a psychotherapist and the author of 13 Things Mentally Strong Parents Don’t Do, here are eight common practices of parents who raise resilient kids.
1. They Let The Kids Struggle
2. They Let Their Kids Experience Rejection
3. They Don’t Condone a Victim Mentality
4. They Do More Than Tell Them to ‘Buck Up’ When Struggles Occur
5. They Help Their Kids Learn How to Label Their Feelings and Emotions.
6. They Give Their Kids The Tools to Self Soothe
7. They Admit Their Mistakes. And Then They Fix Them
8.They Always Connect Their Kid’s Self Worth to Their Level of Effort
Read the full article at fatherly.com